2015 was a great year for SSE!
Relive some of our favorite highlights:
- Sustainability Science for Teachers (SCN 400) course content and research won the 2015 President’s Award for Sustainability.
- The Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development awarded the staff at Biodesign on the SSE project the 2015 Vision Award for our research and course content.
- Victor Nevárez, our resident graphic designer, took home the Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development 2015 Innovation Award.
- We have received a project agreement to work on Phase 1 materials with Kamehameha Schools in Hawaii to develop content and conduct a needs assessment.
- We have successfully launched a new course for a general audience interested in Sustainability Science, Technology and Society, SCN 401. Open to both graduate and undergraduate students at ASU. It is all-online and is 7.5 weeks long.
- We are visioning how our 21st Century Skills course can transition into a Global Freshman Academy course with ASU’s EdPlus leading the way.
- Two former students and sustainability guru’s from 2012 won Rookie Teacher of the Year at Tempe Elementary School District.
We are so excited to see what 2016 has in store for us all!